Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Dave's New Car Redux

Well, looks like I'm not only days away from the new car coming! Talked to the dealership today and they're sending it over now. I still gotta make up my mind on the various options I want - but I think I know what I want. Basically, I want to add fog lights and a subwoofer sound system. I'd LOVE to have a moonroof too, but it's not an option on this model. Which is strange, considering it's a four-door... and they offer it on other models. But, alas, at this time, there's no moonroof option. Perhaps at some point I can have a hole cut to make one... but not now! It also comes with a navigation system which is really cool. No more getting lost!

The best part is - no more Audi issues. The latest round was the fuel pump died. How is this possible? Why did it die AFTER I went in for my 60,000 mile service? Of course, I'm turning in my car with 5000 extra miles on it - and they'll probably screw me with damage charges. It would just round out the experience of dealing with Audi, which has been terrible. All Audi needed to do to keep me happy was pick up a lease payment once. But they didn't. So I'll never buy another Audi again. They actually called me the other day to discuss my Audi experience... but it was a voicemail message. So, it's unlikely that I'll call them back. What could they possibly do to make me happy now? And why would THEY care? I've already purchased the next car... and it's not an Audi. Oh well.

This will also make Julie very happy on several accounts. First, the car is not leased but purchased. So I actually get to own something! Second, it's automatic, so she can drive it! Third, it's not an Audi, so hopefully it won't have all the technological problems. Every time I drive her around, that damn front turn signal goes dead and the warning light goes off! She then tells me what a POS the car is! (I have to agree - this car shouldn't have this many problems for the price!!!!)

So, hopefully before the week's end, I'll have tons of pictures of the new car. Yay!

No comments: