Thursday, March 10, 2005

Pralines

Trying something new... making pralines! If you've never had one of these sugary concoctions, you're missing out! Now, this is my first attempt, so god only knows if they'll come out right, but they LOOK right. Now they just gotta cool, and hopefully they'll taste as good as they look. The recipe came from the High Calorie Cookbook (one of the greatest cookbooks ever) by Leonard Louis Levinson. The book is noted for it's collection of famous recipes from long-gone restaurants mostly from New York City and around France. Ever hear of Lindy's? Well, if not, I'll have to make the Lindy's cheescake just so you can see what a cheesecake is all about! Being in a household with a baker means I don't often get a chance to bake, or make desserts, but since I had some time, why the heck not? I can always bring the rest into Infotonics for people to sample.

No comments: