Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Today Show

UPDATE: We were FINALLY on the show! Yay! We had about 15 seconds of "fame"!


For those who may not have caught it, Julie and I (though, Julie got quotes and a picture printed) were in the D&C last Monday. You can find that story HERE.

Well, apparently, The Today Show saw the story on the AP, and thought it would be fun to do a piece on this story. So, this past Friday afternoon our living room was turned into a mini recording studio! There were lights, cameras, and just a little bit of action. They spent about two and a half hours - interviewing us, shooting us making cookies, looking through photos, and walking through the woods outside our home.

According the the producer who did the interview with us, the spot will run this Thursday at 8:10am on Today. So, for those of you with TiVo... be sure to set it! I'd LOVE to post a link to the video, assuming someone saves it for me. I also should get some good screen captures from Scott Fybush who'll be sure to save a copy. Now we'll have to wait until Tuesday to find out if they might fly us down to actually be on the show LIVE... but that would just be icing on the cake. Right now we're happy to be on a national television show. I'll post more when I've got stuff to show!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you get to meet Regis?

Anonymous said...

My TiVo is programmed and ready...

Anonymous said...

Recorded and watched from 8:00-8:30... no Gottfrieds.

David Gottfried said...

Yeah - the stupid thing didn't run! I've got to call the producer on Monday and find out whether or not it's actually going to be run. I'll post an update as soon as i know anything.