Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Wine and Friends

I was browsing on WineBid.com tonight looking at some great california cabs when it occurred to me that I have no one to enjoy wine with. By that, I don't mean someone who will just drink wine, but someone who will really appreciate it. Of course, this is in the post-Henry era. We both were really into wine - and now I'm kindof screwed. And with Julie not drinking with the pregnancy, that means I can't even justify opening a great bottle, cause I'd have to drink it all myself - and that's no fun. Fortunately, I really like scotch too - and can drink a little of it at a time - and there're a few of my friends who are big scotch people. But no wine people!

Henry bought a bunch of wines a couple days before he died, and while we'll drink them, and enjoy them, it won't be the same. I could probably call family friend Don Yungkurth - a BIG wine fan - and I may just have to do that! I hope he won't mind drinking really good burgundies and zins. So, maybe I need to find a couple new friends who can just be my "wine friends"??

No comments: